Shutter Project

After two weeks, the shutter project is finally complete! And I must say Amy loves her shutter project!

Shutter Sanding Shutter

The shutter was pretty rough and needed a good sand down/cleaning.

First Coat Primer Shutter

After sanding, I primed the shutter with spray paint primer.

Blue On Shutter First Blue on

First layer of spray paint colour makes it start to look like something!

I had to move the shutter indoors as the temperature from last weekend had dropped and I didn’t want the spray paint to bubble.

Chalk Outline Sharpie Paint

 

I wanted to break up the shutter by adding some words. First I used a chalk pencil and ruler to map out the words I practiced the night before. Then I used a sharpie paint marker to finish off the shutter. Also, I added one of my favourite buttons to a previous hole.

Finished Shutter

Side Shutter

 

To finish the project off I added pictures and magazines to the shutter! If you wanted to make this project you could also use it to hold cards over the year.

Shutter in its spot

 

For $15 dollars in spray paint, I am in love with this project that now sits in my bedroom. I can grab magazines and look at some pictures from our engagement session everyday!

Amy loves shutter projects!